Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We collect and use your personal information in order to provide you with financial products and services. The information we may collect includes:
- your name, business address, ABN, home address, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses;
- your date of birth, drivers licence number, authority/DC number, years of ownership, driving experience years;
- your taxi vehicle details: registration number, date 1st registered, make and year of car, model, engine number, purchase price, company and radio number • of taxi, current kilometres, financing arrangements;
- information such as renewal dates, current premiums and details of previous claims history; and details of drivers may be needed to calculate the cost of your contribution and assess claims.
The information collected will help us to:
- provide you with information on eligibility for membership of Taxicare Australia;
- provide quotes for your application for cover;
- determine the cost of your contribution;
- provide an efficient claims management service;
- assess and pay any claim for protection made by you or your personal representative; and
- ensure Taxicare Australia databases are accurate.
By providing Taxicare Australia with your personal information you consent to its use for these purposes. If you provide personal information about another person to Taxicare Australia or one of the organisations assisting it, you must have that person’s authorisation to provide their information and you must inform that person of Taxicare Australia’s identity, how it will use and disclose the information and that person’s rights to access that information. The information collected will be provided to organisations that will assist in deciding whether to protect you, the amount of your contribution or to assess a claim. We will ensure that these organisations have appropriate privacy procedures. These organisations include:
- loss adjustors;
- brokers; and
Access and correction
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. Members can access their personal information that we hold. There will be no charge to do this.
Privacy concerns or complaints
Our internal complaints procedure is designed so that we may formally attend to any complaint where you believe your personal information may have been incorrectly used or disclosed.
Taxi Care Club Limited Website
When you visit the Taxicare Australia’s website, we may use an Internet browser feature called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the computer of a website user (usually in the browser software folder) the first time a user visits the website.